Staying in control
We want you to enjoy our games, and for the vast majority of people responsible gambling is a fun pastime. For a small number of people gambling can stop being fun and can become a problem. Please email or call our customer support team if you want to:
- Discuss your gambling;
- Place deposit limits on your account;
- Temporarily or permanently exclude yourself from our Service
Our Customer Support team are well trained in all aspects of responsible gambling and are here to help you if needed.
If you feel that gambling may be taking over your (or someone else’s) life, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you hide the amount your gamble from friends or family?
- Do you gamble to escape boredom or unhappiness?
- Have family or friends ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of time or money you have spent on gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you have to win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed to get money for gambling or to pay a gambling debt?
- Do arguments, frustrations; anger or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions above the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem. To speak to someone about Responsible Gambling practices please call GamCare on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website at www.gamcare.org.uk.
Things to remember
Whilst the majority of people gamble within their financial means for some it can become a problem. It may help you to remember the following points:
- Gambling should be seen as entertainment and not as a way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Keep a track on the time you spend gambling and the amount of money you spend.
- If you want to have a break from gambling or set deposit limits, you can call or email the Customer Support team.
- If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare (see below).
Cooling Off Periods
If you wish to take a cooling off period from responsible gambling, for between one day and six weeks (or one day to six months for non GB residents), then you can apply a Cooling Off Period to your account.
When you set a Cooling Off Period we will close your account for the specified period. You may wish to withdraw any funds from your account before you start a Cooling Off Period. Any balance on your account will not be automatically refunded to you once a Cooling Off Period has started and you will need to contact our Customer Support if you wish to make a withdrawal.
Whilst your account is in the Cooling Off Period state, we will endeavour to not send you any marketing material or promotional offers but this can take 72 hours to come into effect.
To set a Cooling Off Period, please contact our Customer Support Team.
We will contact you on or after the expiry date of your Cooling Off Period in order to activate the account.
Upon request you may suspend your account for a minimum of 6 months to the maximum of a life time.
During this time you will not be able to access your account or place any bets. You will be removed from our mailing lists and will not receive any promotional information. We will also, to the best of our ability, prevent you from opening another account during the period of self-exclusion.
In order to self-exclude you need to email the Customer Support team from the email address with which you registered your account. You will also need to provide the answer to your security question within the email. Alternatively you may call the Customer Support team.
Once we have processed your request, your requested self-exclusion will be confirmed to you in an email. This email will also contain information on the consequences of your self-exclusion and the date that it expires. The email will also contain the contact details for GamCare. Please allow up to 72 hours for us to process any cooling off, self-exclusion or deposit limit requests.
We take a serious approach to Responsible Gambling Policies. If you have self-excluded, we will not contact you on or after the expiry date of the exclusion.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 or by visiting www.gamcare.org.uk.
Access to bet history
You can easily view a full history of transactions including bets, deposits and withdrawals in the lobby or by contacting Customer Support.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer’s access to the Internet. These include:
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content.
- CYBERsitter filtering software gives parents the opportunity to add certain sites to block.
There are also a number of companies who provide software which once installed allows you to completely block individual computers from accessing gambling internet sites, these include:
Effective Date April 25th 2016